Thinking about coming to Fontbonne? Here are some reasons why you should consider this lovely school!!!
1. It’s small. Unlike at a big school where the lectures have 75 students or so, Fontbonne is only a few thousand students, so the classes are like max 30 people. The professors have less students to know so it’s easier to get to know them and most likely you can get to know a lot of the students on campus!
2. It’s in a good area. There are plenty of things you can do while attending school here. Whether it’s going a few blocks down to Delmar to check out the loop, or going to the Galleria or Brentwood. It’s also a few blocks away from Forest Park where there’s tons of fun activities always going on. With winter coming up, the Steinberg skating rink will be opening soon too!!
3. There are a lot of major choices. Whether you’re looking into one of the education fields, nutrition, or something else, Fontbonne has a variety of academic choices.
4. It’s negative wind chill outside, snowing, and your professor still hasn’t cancelled class? Good thing the buildings are only 5 minutes away from each other!
Fontbonne is a nice little school with a big personality. That’s why you should considering coming to Fontbonne today!!
Fall is my favorite season in Saint Louis. Although this is very stereotypical, you really cannot beat a Saint Louis fall. It is not too cold and not too hot. It is a nice mix of switching back and forth between shorts and jeans and each day is a new adventure when trying to figure out what to wear. I wanted to share with you some fun and fall activities you and your friends can participate in this fall at Fontbonne.
The first thing is to just go explore Forest Park. It is beautiful to just be outside and watch the leaves change colors all around you. I am more than sure that you will be joined by lots of people walking dogs and enjoying the fall weather. Walking or paddle boating by Art Hill will allow you to see all of the beautiful colors.
Another way to explore fall around Fontbonne is to go shopping and/or out to eat in the Loop. It is nice to walk up and down Delmar when it is this nice outside.
Lastly, take a trip to the zoo. Although not every animal enjoys the fall weather as much as this human does, it is nice to be able to walk around the zoo and see the animals that are out and not break a sweat. A nice cup of coffee and walking around to see the animals seems like the perfect way to spend an afternoon.
Whether you’re looking for nature, food, fun, or animals, Saint Louis has a fall activity for you!
Something about myself:
I’ve done my undergraduation in India, from JawaharLal Nehru Technological University in 2012. After my undergraduation, I’ve worked for Google Maps in India for 3 years. Then I took the decision to pursue Masters in Computer Sciences, to move a step ahead in my career. The process of applying to the universities had been very easy for me. I dreamt of an admission into Fontbonne University, as it is one of the best universities in Saint Louis.
I’m enrolled in the course of Masters in Computer and Information Science. The reason behind my decision to choose this course of study is because of the course field that Fontbonne is giving. Cyber security, data mining and software testing are one of the best fields in Computer Science. The scope of career development is vast and it’s booming in technology these days.
As everyone know Saint Louis is such a place where Computer Science is highly recommended. I’m glad I joined this school, it’s a lot of fun, collaborating with studies.
Life has changed a lot for me, of course in good ways, there are always opportunities knocking my door every single week. Being busy is a routine now!😊 I’m in love with it! 😊☺
I’m also working as a student worker at Center of Emerging and Educational Technology with Amy Peach. It couldn’t have been any better. 😇 Ms. Amy Peach is the best teacher, a guide, and a perfect role model. I got to learn a lot of things from the faculty at Fontbonne.
“Why did you choose Fontbonne?” is a question I found myself getting asked quite often. Whether it’s family asking me or my classmates, my answer is usually the same. I say something along the lines of “I like the small community feel” or “I wanted a school with a small student to faculty ratio.” While those answers are true, they are just a few of the many reasons why I chose to make Fontbonne home for four years of my life. So naturally, I decided to make a list of some of the reasons why I chose Fontbonne!
- Fontbonne’s campus is in such a great area! We are about 20 minutes away from downtown St. Louis which houses Busch Stadium, the Scottrade Center, and the Edward Jones Dome. Not to mention a good number of local attractions are there too.
- Many of the professors have real life experience in their field! That means a lot of them have great networking connections that can get you internships! I got my first internship at an accounting firm by being introduced by one of my professors.
- You are encouraged to get involved! And when you finally do, it’s awesome! Fontbonne has a great number of clubs and organizations that you can invest your time and effort in that will benefit you in the long run.
- When I stepped on campus for the first time, it just felt like home to me. Simple as that.
Are any of my reasons also your reasons why you chose Fontbonne? Comment below and let me know why you decided to make Fontbonne your home! Thanks for reading!