“What classes are you taking next semester?” I am starting to hear that more and more. It is weird for me not to have any classes next semester due to finishing up this semester. So much is happening to me both in school and outside of school. Becoming the President of the Residential Hall Association and finishing up in December are just a few of the school changes. I get to drive again on the 19th of this month since I didn’t have anymore seizures, and I am adopting a dog. I wouldn’t be where I am at without Fontbonne. This place and the people here helped me succeed in life.
It is my last semester here at Fontbonne. It is starting to kick in that I will be starting a new adventure after this. I have grown since I transferred here — about myself and about others that I care about. Here is a list of things that I have discovered since I began here.
- i can trust my friends
- when you are taking a class with Dr. Sommer, you have to give a lot of details
- teaching is not for me, but writing is for me
- enjoy the little things in life, like walking to Walgreens or Bread Co on a nice day instead of driving
- having hope is a good thing to have
- teachers want to help you graduate
I began thinking about what will happen after December, which is kind of scary for me. Here is another list of things, only this is what I want to accomplish.
- see the last The Hobbit movie
- adopt a beagle
- get a job
- kick off living on my own with one of my best friends
I’m starting to realize that this is it. My last year here due to graduation in December. It is my last time for a lot of stuff. I have had a blast the past year and a half here. I’ve met some great people that i consider my family here. The experience are priceless that I will never trade or take for granted. All my hard work has gotten so far from high school.