Finals are approaching! For most high school and college students, this means a HUGE loss of sleep and long hours studying.. Basically, 3 weeks of hell..
Here’s a few tips to help everybody get through their week —
1) I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again.. Take naps! Naps are an amazing way to repair the body and the brain..
2) Eat healthy, drink water, and exercise! All of these things are important for every day living but they are even more important during finals when the body is weak and running on things like caffeine or 3 hours of sleep!
3) Take study breaks.. I don’t mean stand up from your chair and stretch your arms out.. I mean step completely away from your work and go do something for 15 mins.. You’ll be amazed at how refreshed you are!
4) Call your parents! Not only will they love it and enjoy hearing about how hard your life is as a college student but again, you will feel eager to get back to studying..
5) Follow Fontbonne University (fontbonneu) or myself (evanj_247) on Instagram and waste some time looking at amazing pictures!
So, as the ball gets rolling on second semester it can be easy to get caught up with all the commotion.With school, sports, work, and everything else it can be hard to find time to sit back and relax!
I encourage you to keep your head up and keep going. Take a walk, hit up the next F.A.B. event, read a good book, or maybe even take a 30 min. nap to revive yourself. Not only will you feel good after the act, but then you can enjoy the time that you spend doing the “real” work.
Smiling gives off endorphines that keep your body in check soooo remember to smile!!!
Well, I was having some technical difficulties uploading a photo, but just know that I have taken plenty of pictures of my feet, and the beautiful Fontbonne campus in the background while I am laying one one of the four hammocks in the meadow. These were a new addition this year. We started with only two, and I guess they saw how popular they were among students and they had two more! They are very relaxing, and everyone loves them! I feel like more people are outside, whether they are doing homework or just hanging out between classes, even if they are not one of the lucky few who get to be on the hammocks. I like to hang out with my friends on them, take quick naps, or just have somewhere to go between classes to just enjoy being outside. They were a terrific idea and I am really glad they are out in the meadow!