There are many ways to tell that you have made friends at FBU. Fontbonne University has a variety of clubs and organizations that students can get involved in. Whether you both start out in the Joe, meet each other in Mission Core, stand together waiting for food from DSAC, or get put together as random roommates, Fontbonne will help you find friends that will help you make it to sophomore year.
1. You text each other to walk to class together, even if one of you is in East and the other in AB, awkwardly going your separate ways once you reach Ryan.
2. You do your laundry right after each other in the Joe, because it is impossible to get two washers at the same time. And you wait with each other.
3. The daily struggle of texting each other and deciding between picking Ryan for lunch or facing the line that awaits you at DSAC.
4. Showering at the same time, so you can have someone to jam out with.
5. Driving to Walgreens at midnight because you’re both craving pizza rolls.
6. Eating those pizza rolls as soon as you get back to the dorm.
7. Promising that you both are going to start “working out” as both of you sit in bed eating ice cream/brownies.
8. Making a trip to the library together to go to the study rooms because neither of you focus when the people two rooms down are obviously having a dance party.
9. Spending all day Sunday watching Netflix and YouTube and continually telling the other that he/she really should start his/her homework.
10. The amazing feeling of being reunited after a long or holiday weekend, when one or both of you went home to visit.
No matter what happens in your freshman year, you will find someone, or perhaps many, who will help you make FBU your home for the next years of you life!!
It has come at last!! Griffinsanity, formerly known as Late Night, is TONIGHT!! The Griffin Girl’s have been practicing and perfecting our routine! But not only will you see us perform, we have a special dance performance with….you’ll just have to wait and see for yourself!
There will be fun and games for all!! You will have the chance to meet the Men and Women’s Basketball teams and the Griffin Girls! But if that is not enticing enough, the first 75 people will receive a free GRIFFINSANITY t-shirt and a chance to win other prizes!!
Soo get PUMPED and head over to the DSAC tonight at 7pm– Dont be late!!
Being a student at Fontbonne University has many perks. The best perk, in my opinion, is having everything you need to be a successful student available for you within walking distance. Since Fontbonne University is a small campus, it has everything that is needed to run an institution in a just a few buildings. There are only five buildings on campus that your classes could be in if you are a native English speaker. (Fontbonne has some more class space in the St. Joseph Hall, a dormitory for all freshmen resident students, for English As A Second Language courses).
Navigating campus is so easy that it is very difficult to get lost. If you realize that you are in the wrong building for your classes, it is always going to be somewhere close. I sometimes get my schedule mixed up on some days, but fortunately, it only takes me a minute to make my way over to the correct building. Every building is labeled with a recognizable sign, so you should not have a problem identifying either of the five buildings: Ryan, East, Anheuser-Busch, Library, or Southwest. Southwest is just a little bit off the beaten path, but is still on school grounds. There is a Campus Bookstore on the first floor of the Ryan Hall that is open every day except on holidays, so it is easy to purchase something you need for class there.
If you are hungry, you can grab a quick meal at either of the dining options, Ryan Dining Hall or Griffin Grill at the Dunham Student Activity Center, that are located just behind the main part of campus. There is also a gymnasium, track, and completely-equipped work out room that you can use to let out stress. When you go on your tour around campus, you will see for yourself why being a student at a small campus is actually quite lovely.
I hope you like Fontbonne as much as I do!