From the category archives:

Campus Community

“Hindsight is Vibrant, Reality: Rarely Lit”

by Marielle February 18, 2014

So maybe you think that since I’m a senior, with almost 4 years of college life behind me, I have it all figured out. Not really. I’m just making it up as I go. But I can offer some advice based on my past experiences, good and bad.  All things considered, looking back now – [...]

Read the full post →

Recycle ALL the Things

by Marielle February 10, 2014

Remember how I said I was Environmental Club president? Well, it’s time to get back on my game and start shamelessly promoting some events. First, we have our annual Recyclemania campaign running from February 2nd – March 29th, so there will be periodic trivia and prizes for that.  Recyclemania is basically a nationwide competition for [...]

Read the full post →

V-Day Spirit

by Carlyn February 10, 2014

I’m not usually one to celebrate Valentine’s Day, but this year is a different story. No, I will not be celebrating by wishing for a stuffed bear, box of chocolates, or a dozen roses. I am in the spirit thanks to my involvement with FAB (Fontbonne Activities Board) and ODK (Omicron Delta Kappa honors leadership [...]

Read the full post →

A “Sound” Mind

by Joanna February 5, 2014

If you live on campus and have walked along the third floor, you have probably heard Taylor Swift’s sweet voice emanating from behind my doorway. Spotify has so kindly reminded me that I “have not listened to Taylor Swift in awhile.” If you are a Spotify user, you know that there is a “Discover” section, [...]

Read the full post →

Semester Goals

by Kristen February 5, 2014

Happy snow day, Fontbonne!  Campus is closed for the rest of the day because of the weather, which is turning the outdoors into a white smudge on the map of the Midwest.   Without classes, work, or the ability to drive safely tonight, I thought I’d use my free time to catch up on blogging.  Sadly, [...]

Read the full post →

It Feels Good To Be A Gangster

by Marielle January 29, 2014

Okay, this post is gonna be about Griffin Gang, which is one of the organizations I’m involved in here at Fontbonne. It’s new this year, so it’s been a little slow to start, but it has a lot of potential. Its purpose is to support the athletic programs at Fontbonne by having events centered around [...]

Read the full post →

Monkey See, Monkey Do

by Tara Jones January 29, 2014

Sometimes, people feel pressured to do what everyone else is doing. Although, ‘sometimes’ might be an understatement. You know what I mean? It’s as if there is this constant reminder from our acquaintances that somehow they are ‘alpha.’ Well, I’m pretty sure we were all created equal. Maybe not. Eh, who knows? Sarcasm. All I’m [...]

Read the full post →

New Year, New Me.

by Marki January 24, 2014

I know I am extremely late with the whole “new year” posts, but now I finally have time to share about how things are going to be different for me in 2014. I have coined 2014 the year of work. From working in my classes to working in the theatre, this year I am becoming [...]

Read the full post →

The Boys are Back in Town

by Marielle January 23, 2014

WELL here we are back in school again. Is it really my last semester in college? Welp, as long as I don’t accidentally fail something, it sure is. Medical Nutrition Therapy II, Experimental Foods, Microbiology, and HES Senior Synthesis are all on the schedule for the next few months, and then that’s all, folks! So [...]

Read the full post →

Back in the St. Lou Groove

by Tara Jones January 21, 2014

Hello again, readers! It’s so nice to not only be starting a new year, but a whole new selection of classes. Break was most definitely not long enough for a large portion of us I would assume! Even so, it was much needed and well-deserved. What are your resolutions for 2014? Maybe you only have [...]

Read the full post →

Students writing for Real Life at Fontbonne are paid a small fee for each post by the university.