From the category archives:

Campus Community

Written in my Soul From Me to You

by Marielle March 31, 2014

I’m gonna take this opportunity to chat a bit about a workshop I’m doing for the Human Environmental Sciences department this week – Wednesday, April 2nd, at 11am to be precise. The presentation I’m giving is based off of a project I did in my Methods in Teaching class last semester, which in itself is […]

Read the full post →

I Want It All, and I Want It Now

by Marielle March 25, 2014

Holy cats, spring break is over already. Or was it winter break? With the weather being as unpredictable as it is, sometimes it’s hard to tell. Regardless, I’m sure the rest of the school year will fly by.  But wait! It’s not over quite yet. We haven’t had the Environmental Fair yet. I write about […]

Read the full post →

Supernatural

by Isabella March 24, 2014

A lot of our values growing up have been shaped by movies and television and I’m not ashamed to admit it. This spring break, I’ve been catching up on a TV show called “Supernatural.” It’s about two brothers that fight evil forces in the world. The show is funny, graphic, and full of cool visual effects, […]

Read the full post →

It takes A team

by Marki March 10, 2014

When it comes to putting on a performance you have to have a team to make it work. From the director first starting out with an idea, to them going to the designers to execute their vision, to the actors come together to make it all come alive on stage. It takes everyone to really […]

Read the full post →

Currently

by Lizzie March 7, 2014

This is a common phrase, I believe: “I’m so tired of the cold and snow!” Yes, that is the main sentence for the past two months. It’s bizarre! I guess we can cope with the constant cold and snow, but jeez, it does get old. And it doesn’t make things better with all the accidents […]

Read the full post →

Love the Skin You’re In

by Carlyn March 3, 2014

This week is National Eating Disorder Awareness week. In support, the Counseling and Wellness department hosted a couple events. On Monday, there was a panel of individuals and families that have recovered from an eating disorder battle. A Q&A session took place. On Wednesday, a documentary called Someday, Melissa was played. This film follows the […]

Read the full post →

“Hindsight is Vibrant, Reality: Rarely Lit”

by Marielle February 18, 2014

So maybe you think that since I’m a senior, with almost 4 years of college life behind me, I have it all figured out. Not really. I’m just making it up as I go. But I can offer some advice based on my past experiences, good and bad.  All things considered, looking back now – […]

Read the full post →

Recycle ALL the Things

by Marielle February 10, 2014

Remember how I said I was Environmental Club president? Well, it’s time to get back on my game and start shamelessly promoting some events. First, we have our annual Recyclemania campaign running from February 2nd – March 29th, so there will be periodic trivia and prizes for that.  Recyclemania is basically a nationwide competition for […]

Read the full post →

V-Day Spirit

by Carlyn February 10, 2014

I’m not usually one to celebrate Valentine’s Day, but this year is a different story. No, I will not be celebrating by wishing for a stuffed bear, box of chocolates, or a dozen roses. I am in the spirit thanks to my involvement with FAB (Fontbonne Activities Board) and ODK (Omicron Delta Kappa honors leadership […]

Read the full post →

A “Sound” Mind

by Joanna February 5, 2014

If you live on campus and have walked along the third floor, you have probably heard Taylor Swift’s sweet voice emanating from behind my doorway. Spotify has so kindly reminded me that I “have not listened to Taylor Swift in awhile.” If you are a Spotify user, you know that there is a “Discover” section, […]

Read the full post →

Students writing for Real Life at Fontbonne are paid a small fee for each post by the university.