From the category archives:

Campus Community

From One World to Another

by Taylor March 25, 2015

The transition from high school to college can bring out a lot of emotions you didn’t expect. College, especially if you live on campus, is a totally different lifestyle than what you were used to in high school. The change of environment can have more of an impact on you than what you thought it […]

Read the full post →

Five things that make Fontbonne an amazing place to be

by Raven March 23, 2015

Hey Fonties! Welcome back! I hope your spring break was absolutely fabulous (I’m really sad it’s over… can we have a spring break redo?…. No?…. Okay….). Anyway, let’s  jump right into it then. In my three years as a Griffin, I’ve noticed a lot of little golden nuggets that make Fontbonne a great place to […]

Read the full post →

Why is FBU so special!?

by EJ March 20, 2015

Finally, all students are back from spring break.. After joining the Lacrosse team, I was able to spend my break on campus, sadly watching groups of friends enjoy their time at the famous PCB spring break get-a-way.. I hope all my readers enjoyed their break! Even with all that being said, during my time this […]

Read the full post →

What makes Fontbonne different.

by Cathy March 18, 2015

When people look for the college of their dreams they look for what makes it unique. They are looking for their home away from home. Fontbonne had this for me and for many other people who decided to come here. Fontbonne is unique because of its size. Fontbonne’s small class sizes really help the students. The […]

Read the full post →

What Makes Fontbonne Unique

by Katie March 18, 2015

When I first visited Fontbonne I had a gut feeling that it was the perfect school for me. Fontbonne was not the first campus I visited.  I was weighing the pros and cons of a handful colleges in the Illinois and Missouri area and as fate would have it, I decided to check out Fontbonne. […]

Read the full post →

Three Day Weekends

by Alumni Posts March 9, 2015

In three days, I’ve been able to emerge from my shell of my residence hall and venture into the artistic delights of St. Louis. On Friday, March 6th, on a whim, I was driving back to campus when I suddenly decided I should pop by the St. Louis Art Museum. After all, on Fridays, they […]

Read the full post →

Taking Data

by Alumni Posts February 23, 2015

As a speech-pathology major, one of my profession’s greatest concerns is keeping track. By keeping track, we have the evidence we need to judge our work, to backtrack, or move forward, with different strategies, all to achieve a goal. For many speech-pathology majors, or any major that requires taking data, it is difficult to keep track […]

Read the full post →

Becoming a College Student

by Patricia February 18, 2015

When I was first looking at colleges senior year, I was a bit nervous. I heard all kinds of rumors such as the classes are the size of a theater, the teachers don’t care if you succeed etc…But once I came to Fontbonne, I found all of that to be untrue. Fontbonne has smaller classes, […]

Read the full post →

Fried Green Tomatoes

by Alumni Posts February 12, 2015

It’s been a while since I’ve last blogged, but since it’s my last semester, I hope you will indulge me as I prepare for the next step. Yes, I am graduating in May! It seems very surreal, but so does the rest of my life. After all, I am grateful that I was able to […]

Read the full post →

3 Quick Ways To Feel Less Stressed

by Hannah February 12, 2015

Well Fontbonne, we are now about a month into the spring semester. Are you feeling the stress yet? Because I sure am! Assignments, readings, and projects are starting to pile up, on top of working two jobs and managing my social life (or at least pretending like I have one!) But during these times, I […]

Read the full post →

Students writing for Real Life at Fontbonne are paid a small fee for each post by the university.