From the category archives:

Campus Community

Getting Back into the Routine

by Katie September 17, 2014

Getting back into the groove of things isn’t the simplest of tasks. This week, I really began to feel the impact of this semester flying by! I can gladly assure you that I survived my first few tests and papers, all while managing to be a part of campus life (SAFACS and STARS), and working […]

Read the full post →

Lucy… I’m Home!

by Brianna September 15, 2014

Here I am, exiting off highway 40, listening to Latch by Sam Smith. It wasn’t until I passed the legendary corner Walgreens that it hit me that I was headed to Fontbonne University. How did this summer baby (who loves school but also appreciates the ever-so-glorious three-month break) find her way back onto a college […]

Read the full post →

Home Sweet Home

by Raven September 15, 2014

Well folks, I’ve survived my first month of junior year! (pats for Raven!) and I am so happy to be back! After a long and exhausting summer, I can honestly say that I was becoming really bored. So you can imagine my excitement when the first day of classes finally came. I was pumped! I […]

Read the full post →

New Places, New Faces

by Abby Towle September 12, 2014

My first few weeks at Fontbonne have been AMAZING! I am from St. Paul, Minnesota and transferred to Fontbonne this semester from the University of Minnesota, so I am a long way from home! I got accepted to Fontbonne last spring, was granted a generous scholarship, and then everything just fell into place! I couldn’t have […]

Read the full post →

The Right University for Me

by Taylor September 9, 2014

“I bet this place is haunted,” My little brother whined as we waited in the hall outside the admission’s office to talk to my admission counselor. He wasn’t a fan of the arched doorways, marble accents and stained glass windows, but I sure was. The architecture was just one of the first things I noticed […]

Read the full post →

What’s to Come?

by Marki April 30, 2014

I know I have talked about this before but I am so happy to be apart of the FOCUS family this year. From the meetings and the bonding that we have already started doing I just know that we have a great group this year. Me and the other leaders are totally invested in making […]

Read the full post →

Fashion

by Marki April 30, 2014

Last week I had the privilege to walk in the Fashion Merchandising spring fashion show. It was awesome. From the beautiful clothes I got to wear to the great people I got to work with I had a blast. The girls of the promotion class had such a great idea to showcase the hot spots […]

Read the full post →

Help Yourself By Helping Others

by Alumni Posts April 30, 2014

Hello! Today, I am going to be sharing my thoughts on community service and its relevance to Fontbonne’s mission statement. • “Why is service so important?” Serving your community lets others know that you want to help change the world little by little while gaining a new perspective of life. Service, amidst being so important, […]

Read the full post →

The Seaweed is Always Greener

by Alumni Posts April 28, 2014

One of the things I like best about Fontbonne, and I’m sure I’ve said this many times before, is how easy it is to get involved in things.  And not just get involved, but dominate.  Perhaps this sounds negative, but I’ve always felt that Fontbonne provides a perfect “big fish in a little pond” atmosphere, […]

Read the full post →

Last Lecture

by Conner April 28, 2014

This past Thursday, Omicron Delta Kappa had the pleasure of collaborating with Student Government Association on the first installment of a very exciting, important series of events at Fontbonne, a Last Lecture Series. This was an idea of some student leaders in the beginning of this year. ODK and SGA saw it as a perfect […]

Read the full post →

Students writing for Real Life at Fontbonne are paid a small fee for each post by the university.