From the category archives:

Campus Community

Time for Reflection and Thanksgiving

by Sara November 13, 2014

I feel very grateful to have been able to attend Fontbonne University and to have on campus mass on Sunday’s at 7pm. At the end of the week, it is always important to set aside a time for reflection and also to give thanks. Even if there was nothing extraordinary happening the week before, there […]

Read the full post →

Preferred Parking Comedy Tour

by Carlyn November 6, 2014

It seems as if a week never goes by without an exciting campus event taking place. Recently, the Fontbonne Activties Board (FAB) hosted a comedy night, and it was co-sponsored by the National Student Speech Language and Hearing Association (NSSLHA). Because I am in charge of all live performance events, this was one that I was lucky […]

Read the full post →

Happy Halloween!

by Katie October 30, 2014

Ahhh, Halloween. One of the many great things about fall.  As a child I remember being barely able to contain my excitement before I put on my costume and did my makeup… I was so excited for that one day that you’re allowed to be anyone or anything imaginable, for just one day!  Oh, and […]

Read the full post →

How I Became A Part Of the Fontbonne Family

by Raven October 20, 2014

I can’t believe I’m vastly approaching my senior year at Fontbonne! It feels as though I was opening my acceptance letter yesterday. Before I graduated from high school in 2012, (By the way, I am a proud alumni of University City High School… class of 2012… woot! woot!) I had several offers from schools in […]

Read the full post →

Why Fontbonne

by Tim October 20, 2014

Fontbonne was my only choice. I was going to have a back-up school but then I was accepted here. I love the small class sizes along with the attention I receive from teachers. Also the fact that all of the buildings are so close together makes it easy to get to each of them in […]

Read the full post →

Choosing Fontbonne

by Katie October 20, 2014

Choosing colleges is one of the huge life events that happens after high school. Fontbonne wasn’t a hard pick for me once I knew what was out there.  When searching for colleges, I looked in the Illinois and the Saint Louis area for colleges that offered dietetics programs.  It was Fontbonne vs. a handful of […]

Read the full post →

Why I Chose Fontbonne

by Lauren October 20, 2014

I wish I could say that I sort of stumbled upon Fontbonne. In actuality, Fontbonne University had been mentioned to me by a lot of different people that I knew. My teachers, friends, my friend’s mothers, my mother’s friends, all spoke highly of Fontbonne. I expressed my concern to them that I wouldn’t be able […]

Read the full post →

All Alumni Reunion Party

by Sara October 14, 2014

Volunteering at Fontbonne is one of the best ways to give back and a great opportunity to meet new people! This past Friday I was a volunteer for the All Alumni Reunion Party. I arrived at 5:15pm, The Caf’ was looking really nice with decorations in gold and purple; and some special decorations in silver […]

Read the full post →

Seeing Pink!

by Carlyn October 2, 2014

If you were on campus today, you would have seen pink all around! An Omicron Delta Kappa (ODK) tradition is to host a “Lead by Example” event each semester. This is a campaign that changes each time, and we try to spread awareness about a worthy cause. First we promoted putting an end to texting […]

Read the full post →

The Culture of Commuter Life

by Frances October 1, 2014

If you are a commuter student at Fontbonne who cannot afford a parking pass, like me, there is a key component to your day to day experience that most residential students do not get the pleasure of experiencing: commuter bus rides.  Now, it does depend on the time of day that you get to see […]

Read the full post →

Students writing for Real Life at Fontbonne are paid a small fee for each post by the university.