Lauren

That’s A Wrap!

by Lauren on April 27, 2017

in After College,College Life

I am graduating.

The day has finally come.

I learned so much from going to Fontbonne. I met the most amazing people and made the most amazing friends. Even now in my senior year I’ve made friends! This might sound strange, but I learned how to be. I had such difficulty being myself in school. Every year, it would get a little better. But I’ve never felt so at home and so outwardly myself than when I’m at Fontbonne. I learned how to talk in front of crowds without melting down, how to tackle challenges instead of run from them, and just how to be silly and have fun!

The real heart of Fontbonne is in its people, and  I don’t think that comes as a surprise to anyone. I learned that people are the best. And for someone with generalized anxiety, interacting with others is not always the easiest thing for me.

I am so excited for the future. The financial aspect scares me a little, but I already have a long list of projects I want to get cracking on as soon as I’m a graduate! (Also, post-graduction includes a dog so…you can imagine the levels of joy I’m experiencing).

I just want to tell younger students or soon-to-be freshmen that you’re in the right place. Don’t stress about being liked! You will find your niche, even if it takes a little time, but the people make it easy.

I’ll never forget staging a play composed of entirely text messages in Flores’ theater class, losing to my sister at Sibling Bingo, dying of laughter with my podcast co-host, and sharing a slice of pizza with MVP Mark Douglas (head of the art department) in Applied Design.

There are so many unforgettable memories. I’ll definitely be back. You haven’t seen the last of me, Fontbonne!