Carly

Just Can’t Stay Away

by Carly on April 24, 2017

in Academics,Career Paths

As I have probably mentioned before, I majored in fashion merchandising at Fontbonne for my undergraduate degree. I still keep in contact with all of the wonderful professors in the department, and always let them know if they need anything. A few weeks ago, the director of the program, Dr. Liljequist, told me she had some ideas on how we can collaborate. She asked if I would be interested in updating some of the bulletin boards in the business department hallways. I love any sort of crafty project, so of course I said yes! This will be a task that I complete throughout the end of the semester and into the early parts of summer. That way, when students come back for the fall semester, the walls will look fresh and updated. While I am doing this, I’ll also help clean up our resources room in fashion merchandising so things are easy to find for the next group of students that will be using the space for various projects.

I don’t have any pictures to post yet, as I am still in the beginning stages of this project. But I will say that I have a lot of ideas up my sleeve that are very different from what’s currently there! I hope the students that end up walking the halls of AB (Anheuser-Busch building) will enjoy the new look of the department. If you continue to keep in touch with teachers, advisors, coworkers, etc., you never know what opportunities may come out of the connections. Whether it’s a small task or a potential job, it’s important to nurture the relationships and connections you make in life. Because I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the fashion merchandising department, I will always have an interest in helping them out. I just can’t stay away. 🙂