Adriana

Small concert experience

by Adriana on April 3, 2017

in Extracurricular,In Saint Louis

Hello!

In this post, I would like to share about some music artists I heard this last Friday. I went to this small concert with a friend and even though we didn’t knew who was playing, we both ended up loving the bands. I have go before to this concert events, which are made by a music organization here in Saint Louis. One of the fun and interesting aspects about these concerts is that you don’t know who is playing till the day of the concert, it is always surprise, and it is so exciting! I really enjoy going to this concert, there were approximately 40 people and I could really appreciate the live music.

Three local bands performed in the concert, and I really like all of them. The first one was this girl called Hillary Fitz, which played songs with an Indie and Folk style. The second artist was Teszla, her music was very chill, electronic, and R&B, I think it was good mix of different styles. The third and last ones were Oskar and Julia, which were a married couple, and sang country music. I usually don’t hear country music, so it was cool hearing more about this music genre.

I love exploring local bands, they usually remain for a small target, but their music has always something different and original. This is something I have noticed in local bands back in my home country, Ecuador, and here in Saint Louis too. We all hear music from huge, very famous, and commercial artists, which is something amazing because they make great music. But, there is something special about local small bands that you don’t usually hear, for example, in radios or social media. This is why I really like going to small concerts, to give local music artists support, and let them know they have great talent too.

They are all on Spotify, if you are interested in listening them!!

Some pics I took 🙂

374   379

Save