Patricia

End of semester

by Patricia on April 20, 2017

in Career Paths

I am prepping for the end of the semester by making sure that I have a plan after graduation. I have been doing this all semester. I was offered an internship at Dillards, so I will be doing that this summer. Last week I had an interview with WashU because I applied for their MBA program. I hope to enroll there this fall depending if I get accepted. I will find out on May 5. If I do not get accepted, I will try again next year. In the meantime, hopefully I will have a job at Dillards.

I will only have one final exam this semester, and I am studying for that class now so I don’t wait until the last minute. I am also helping a friend get a job this summer. She has had a difficult year as well as some health setbacks. Getting a summer job is good for her mental health and overall well being. I explained the importance of finding a job before the semester ends. Yesterday I helped her write a resume so that she can apply to a bunch of different places. I referred to her Dillard’s. I am hoping that they accept her even though she doesn’t have any work experience. It is important to start working before college so that it is easier to get other jobs. Anyway, I have plans after graduation, and I hope that she does when she graduates in a few years!