Reflection on my time here

by Mary on April 27, 2017

in After College,Career Paths,College Life

Hello everyone,

This is my final blog and my final week here on campus at Fontbonne as a student.  I can’t believe my college career is coming to a close really quickly.  I have learned so much from my time here at Fontbonne and one of the main things is time management and experiences.  For me I have had to manage my time well throughout my four years at Fontbonne because I have been an involved student athlete.  I have been on the Fontbonne golf team all four years and I am so thankful for the opportunities, friendships and memories that my team has given me during my time on the team.  I have had so many positive experiences during my time on this campus from on campus events to campus ministry retreats, they have all had an impact on the person who I am today.  One thing I learned most is to always take opportunities to attend events whether on campus or off campus because that is the way you will gain friendships.  I have gained so many close friends through organizations and events I have attended such as Snowcoming, off campus sports games, service projects, and various retreats.

In the future I plan to continue taking on experiences with my friends whether it is a local service project or attending a local event, and I hope to always find the positive in the moment.  Once I learned how to stay busy and still manage all of my school work, I knew I could make from week to week and that in the end I would make it through the semester.  Time management is key for any type of job whether I am working in food service or I am serving the dear neighbor by working in the yard.  It is always good to find an efficient way to get the job done so that those who you are working with are not telling you to hurry up.  I learned that it is good to live in the moment throughout all of the fun experiences I have had with friends and my hope is to continue doing that with my good friends after I graduate.  I was recently given great advice from my golf coach, your windshield is larger than your rear view mirror for a reason, because what lies ahead of you is great and more important than what is behind you.  I can’t change what has happened in the last four years while at Fontbonne, it is all a bunch of memories created by my friends and faculty who have made me the person I am now.  The windshield is what lies ahead and the opportunities are waiting and only God’s timing will tell where I end up having a strong career after college comes to a close.

Thank you for reading my blogs this semester and have a great summer everyone.

As one nation, GO Cards and GO Blues!