From a girl who loves to golf

by Mary on April 18, 2017

Hello everyone,

I have been truly enjoying my senior season of golf as a Division III athlete at Fontbonne.  The university just recently celebrated Division III athlete week on campus with a few on campus events April 3rd through the 6th.  I am a proud DIII athlete and I am thankful for the opportunity to represent my university when out on the course playing.  Anytime I am out at practice or playing an away tournament and wearing my Fontbonne uniform I am representing my university as a whole.  Without a doubt I have made improvements over the last few years since being on the golf team and I am glad I took the opportunity to play my sport for my university.

My team has three tournaments this spring as one of them was last weekend and we still have two of them coming up before the end of the semester.  I have really enjoyed practice lately as it has been nice enough to get out to the course consistently and either hit on the range or play a round of nine holes.  There is definitely a lot of aspects to work on in the game of golf in order to have a descent score when out on the course.  I have definitely made improvements in my game as the first round of eighteen holes that I played this spring I shot a 92 and I hadn’t played a full round since the fall.  I am only hoping that I will continue to improve my game in the next couple of weeks in both practice and especially at our tournaments we have.  I am planning to make the most of these last two weeks of golf season as my time playing competitively for my university is coming to a close.  If there is one thing I am thankful for this spring season it is for my fun loving team who is always there to make me laugh.

Thanks for reading this weeks post and stay tuned for the next blog coming your way.

Go Griffins and Go Blues!!