Anna

Farewell for now…

by Anna on April 26, 2017

Hi everyone,

I don’t really feel like I need to give a recap of my semester.  I’ve been throwing tidbits in my blogs throughout the past few months, so I’m sure you know what a different semester I’ve had than the fall 2016 semester (and if not, you can just scroll back through my previous blogs right now!).  For all of the stressful and not-so-great moments, however, I feel I have also grown tremendously as a person.  I know, I know, I said that at the end of last semester, and I’ll probably say this after every semester in the future.  But in a way, I believe that’s part of college — you’re not only expanding your knowledge base and preparing for your future, but you’re also maturing and growing in other areas than education.

I’ve gotten to know a lot more students this semester, particularly fellow dietetics students, because we shared several classes together.  I got to experience my first Fontbonne Day of service, which was inspiring and rewarding on so many levels.  From a mental and psychological perspective, I was pushed and challenged to do so many things that at the beginning of the semester, I thought were completely impossible.  I look back at the post-fall-2016 semester me, or the early-spring-2017 semester me, and I laugh at my naivety. I’ve become more self-confident and responsible.  I’ve juggled 18 hours of classes, my beloved house/pet/babysitting (I really do enjoy my work…it’s so fulfilling), commuting, and everything else that goes along with daily life — and I’m emerging from it sleep-deprived and somewhat emotionally exhausted, but still alive and ready for the future challenges that will inevitably crop up!

I’m ready to tackle finals and put this semester behind me.  I’m ready to take some summer gen-ed classes.  I’m ready to go to the Extreme Mustang Makeover in July in Kentucky and reconnect with my favorite horse people.  I’m ready to have time with my horses, Blondie and Pearl.  I’m ready to go on our amazing two-week family vacation in August to the East coast.  And then I’ll be ready for the fall 2017 semester, full of new classes, new professors, and new challenges, but also full of new memories and new knowledge to add to my ever-expanding base.

Have a WONDERFUL summer, Griffins!

~Anna