Lauren

The Big Finale: Senior Thesis Art Show

by Lauren on April 27, 2017

in College Life,New & Future Students

All of my work as an art major these past 4 years at Fontbonne have culminated in this final event: the senior thesis art show. Time and time again, I was reminded to start early. If you’re an art major (or will be one soon) I highly recommend setting aside time for your own work. This is incredibly difficult considering you most likely have a job and other classwork. It’s very hard to choose between settling in for another night of Netflix or working on your art.

Even though I thought I had given myself adequate time to prepare, it still wasn’t enough. In the long-run, there are just some things that you can’t plan for. Once senior year hit, it was nearly impossible to balance all the things going on in my life and still have time to commit to making works of art that represented me. Now, that being said, many of my classmates were able to pull off his feat with grace. They preserved and exhibited the most beautiful pieces.

I really hope that everyone had a chance to get out and see the show! This is a reminder that there is another gallery opening this Friday from 6-8pm. It features the brilliant work of the MFA and MA students.

I am so fortunate to have landed in such a great department. And that night is one I won’t forget! S/o to my beautiful friends who came to support me.

3B6A7875

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 3.57.11 PM

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 3.57.24 PM

If you’re considering going into art, I want to encourage you so hard. You gotta go for it. And Fontbonne is the best place to do it.

Thanks to all my amazing professors and mentors–your guidance has been invaluable to me.