My best piece of advice is to listen to instrumental music (like what I posted on Valentine’s Day). It will keep you focused and relaxed. Without lyrics, there is nothing to distract you from your work.
For those who have trouble sitting in one place, like moi, use the Pomodoro Technique. This technique is simple and efficient. All you need is a timer. It goes like this:
- Pick a task you need to complete.
- Set the timer for 25 minutes.
- Work for the full 25 minutes. If something other than work comes to mind, write it down and get back to work.
- When the timer is finished, put a check on a piece of paper and take a 5 minute break (or 10 minutes for the really restless).
- You continue this cycle, and after you have put down 4 ticks you can take a 15-30 minute break.
- Start all over again.
These techniques work well for me, and I hope they work well for you too. Good luck!