Anna

Spring Break Recap

by Anna on March 30, 2017

in College Life,Extracurricular

Hi, everyone!  I hope you had a wonderful, relaxing, enjoyable spring break…and that it gave you the necessary breather to finish the rest of this semester strongly!  Let me know in the comments what you did — whether it was a laid-back week at home or exciting vacation to some far-off location!

For me, spring break started with coming home to find my mom sick with the flu, which was really unfortunate.  On the bright side, since I was on spring break, it meant she could rest (and she needed to!), and I could take care of the cooking/cleaning up for my dad and me.  I did enjoy making a few new recipes that he apparently really loved…like an avocado-tomato-goat cheese sandwich on cheddar-garlic bread from Great Harvest Bread Company, a healthier version of an Alfredo-turkey pizza, and cinnamon/oatmeal/whole wheat/flax seed bread.

I also did some horsesitting for one of my clients early on during break, which I always enjoy.  This client has a Miniature horse (and a Quarter horse), and he’s one of the most adorable little guys you’ll ever meet.  He has one blue eye and one brown eye, loads of fluffy hair that falls in his eyes, and gorgeous pinto coloring (light brown/tan and white).  I love everything about him…well, I pretty much love every horse I meet, but that particularly goes for Minis.  They’re just so lovable and cute!

Most of the rest of my break was spent on homework, as I wrote in my previous post.  On the bright side, I worked extremely hard to get myself caught up or even ahead in reading, projects, papers, and more, so I was quite productive.  I’m not necessarily saying it will lighten up my still-crazy schedule, but it will definitely help…especially in the last few weeks of the semester, when a ton of stuff is due!  I also got a chance to get some nice runs (on trails and roads) and mountain bike rides in, and the weather was gorgeous for it.

Finally, by this past weekend, I felt comfortable enough to sneak away with my mom to enjoy lunch at St. Louis Bread Company and see Beauty and the Beast.  I’ve seen the play twice before, at a local high school and the Fox Theater, and I’ve definitely fallen in love with the music.  My favorite songs are probably Beauty and the BeastBe Our Guest, and If I Can’t Love Her (which was the only thing I didn’t like about the movie…it didn’t have that song!).  I thought the film was excellently done on many accounts — acting, dancing, special effects, orchestrations and singing — and I’d highly recommend you go see it.  In fact, I liked it so much I went to see it a second time just two days later with my friend.  And just for kicks, I did read the children’s storybook to my mom after the film…proof that you never really get rid of your childhood. 🙂

Blessings,

~Anna