My productive, but adventurous spring break

by Mary on March 28, 2017

in In Saint Louis

Hello everyone,

Let me tell you about all of the wonderful things I have done over my spring break.  I have had the chance to spend a lot of quality time with my parents and even some quality time with my boyfriend. Over the weekend I had the chance to practice golf with my dad at Sunset Country Club where my family is members and I even had a personal best score on Sunday.  It was great to be with my family at the course on Sunday and be able to prove to myself that I can play well in the cool weather.  Then, that evening my family went to the Des Peres movie theater to see the much anticipated Beauty and the Beast movie and it was such a breath taking movie.  My family had another movie night on Monday as we watched the other amazing Disney film that was recently in theaters which was Moana.  I just love that movie because it has so many life lessons about pursuing your dreams and doing everything possible to make them happen.

Then, on Tuesday I had the chance to go out to lunch with my parents and my grandma at Billy G’s in Kirkwood and I savored an amazing meal.  After that we walked next door to my favorite bakery, Great Harvest, in which I purchased two of my favorite treats there. Later on in the evening I went to mass at the Catholic Student Center on Washington Universities campus and following the mass I delighted in some soup for dinner in the church basement.  Then, I drove to my boyfriends house to bake some oatmeal bars and hangout with him.

A couple days later my boyfriend and I had tickets to the St. Louis Blues game down at Scottrade center.  But before the game started we enjoyed dinner together at Syberg’s downtown next to the Drury in Hotel and when we were finished we walked over to the arena. We arrived early enough to watch the Blues players warm up and it was very fun because I took many pictures and was able to see them all close up.  Once the game started there was a lot of excitement in the stadium as the fans cheered on the men in blue  each time they attempted a shot on goal.  It was definitely a thrilling game to watch once the Blues had their first goal on the scoreboard towards the end of the first period.  From there the Blues continued to dominate as they scored three more goals before the end of regulation that night.

The next day I woke up early and went to my practicum site early to work on one of my class projects and help the main cook prepare lunch.  That day we were preparing rigatoni pasta bake and manicotti along with some Caesar salad and cheese bread.  I followed the cook along all morning to see where I could help out and I ended up playing a big part in that days meal.  I assisted with making the pans of manicotti which had red sauce and some white Alfredo sauce inside of it.  Then I helped remake the rigatoni noodles into something even better than what it was before as we added some more pasta sauce to it, tomato juice, and some Parmesan cheese.  Another thing I worked on was adding cheese, butter, and parsley to the garlic bread and then baking it in the oven.  The lunch that day ended up being quite delicious and all of the sisters and guests seemed to really enjoy everything on the buffet line.

Later that same day, I took a drive to Moberly Missouri to visit a good friend of mine, Scott, who moved there in the fall because of a job.  It is about two and a half hours away from St. Louis and so it is not a very difficult drive depending on the weather.  I arrived in the late evening and shortly after, we drove to dinner, which was an authentic Mexican restaurant in the east side of town.  Then, the rest of the night we watched sports and when the sun rose again we watched more sports which included the World Golf Championships Dell Match Play and the St. Louis Cardinals spring training game.  Later in the morning on Saturday we went out to brunch at a local diner in the central part of town called the Brick and then Scott showed me around his workplace which was right next door.  The next thing we did was drive to the only park in town called Rothwell park in which there was a hiking trail for us to walk around.  Then, before you know it, it was time for me to take my journey back to St. Louis for the evening and the drive seemed longer than it should have been because of the pouring rain.

Thanks for reading about my great adventures on spring break 2017.  Remember, adventure is out there, so go experience the world.