Lauren

What Am I Passionate About?

by Lauren on March 13, 2017

in Our Causes

Good question! This forced me to get fairly introspective and reflect on what I’m most passionate about. The easy answer would be art, as it consumes a lot of my life and has helped me through trying times. But I wanted to get an outsider perspective so I reached out through Facebook, asking my friends what they thought I was most passionate about.

There were varying answers: dogs, memes, the Legend of Zelda, Marvel comics, noodles. All very true.

While I am very passionate about all of these things, I wanted to dig a little deeper. I think my passion lies in many things, but I think I’m most passionate about art, learning, and kindness.

Kindness means a lot of things in my eyes. It means respecting others’ lifestyles, cultures, beliefs, and religions. It means loving my friends to the point of madness (I love my friends a lot, okay.) It means holding the door for someone, collaborating on a project, saying “thank you” to a professor…the list goes on and on.

I spend an inordinate amount of time trying to learn–even if it’s a little overly ambitious. I want to consume all the knowledge I can, whether that’s through music, reading, films, or just experiencing the wonderfully mundane but magical moments of the day: getting coffee with friends, eating ice cream in the park, or scribbling on a piece of paper while listening to good music.

And art, dude, how could I not be passionate? It’s always been there for me.

Then again, maybe dogs should make the top 10… I really am passionate about those fluffy, lovable creatures.