Adriana

Holi Festival of Colors!!

by Adriana on March 22, 2017

in College Life,Extracurricular

Hi everyone!

Last week I had the opportunity to participate in the Holi Festival of Colors for the first time, and it was awesome. When I heard about this event, I found it so interesting and fun! Holi is an Hindu spring festival, celebrated in India and Nepal. It is a joyful day in which people celebrate the beginning of Spring.

So I wished that the day we celebrated Holi at Fontbonne would have been sunny, but as we know Saint Louis weather can change at anytime, that day we had snow. Hopefully the event was not cancelled. A group of 20 students approximately came, we enjoy some delicious Hindu desserts, and then everyone picked two colors. We all went outside and after the count of three, we all throw the colors to the sky and to each other saying “Happy Holi”. Not even a minute and I was already full of different colors, my hair, my face, and the white tshirt I had were a rainbow. It was so cool! I couldn’t believe I was all colored. Sadly, I couldn’t stay the whole time because I had a class, but everyone stay celebrating Holi for more than half an hour. It was a experience I will never forget, I really enjoy it!

Adriana ­čÖé

Here I post some colored pics!

028 021 032 034

Save