Jessica

“What is Your Favorite Type of Music?”

by Jessica on March 31, 2017

in College Life,Extracurricular

Whew, that’s a tough question! I grew up listening to a lot of different kinds of music; rock, world, hip-hop, and soundtracks to name a few. I would use music to help me create stories; giving characters themes and setting songs for scenes. Lately (by that I mean a few years), I’ve been listening to a thing called “nightcore”. It isn’t a real genre or style, so it may sound new for some of you.
Nightcore is when someone alters a song so that it is sped up and higher pitched, kind of like the chipmunks. It’s all over YouTube, dabbling in all different kinds of music. Whether you like musicals or heavy metal, there’s a 90% chance that you can find your favorite song. Even then, you could find different nightcored versions of that song, varying in pitch and speed.
Depending on your tastes, you will find nightcore either funny or annoying. I personally listen to it because it makes my mind and heart race, making my thoughts come and go faster.

So, what kind of music do ya’ll find interesting? Please leave a comment below.