Yuri

Mission… Possible!

by Yuri on February 16, 2017

in Academics,After College,Campus Community,Career Paths,College Life

Living the Mission of Fontbonne University. Whether you know it or not, we all as students are the living and breathing evidence that defies just that. Fontbonne’s Mission statement is:

“Fontbonne University, a Catholic institution sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, is committed to the common good through the daily pursuit of transformative education, inspiring students to become global citizens who think critically, act ethically and serve responsibly.”

A simple yet impactful and powerful statement. I speak on behalf of myself when I say that I value my pursuit in education each day. That being said, I see each day a new day. My goal for each day is to learn something new. It does not matter what that is. Knowledge is endless power. The more knowledgeable you are, the more you can do with it. Not only that but with this knowledge you could shape a better world. Think of Elon Musk and the companies that he founded/co-founded: Telsa, SolarCity, & PayPal just to name a few. Never heard of SolarCity? They are in the process of replacing the current roof shingles with solar panels! In translation: NO MORE ELECTRICITY BILLS! Just look at the photos!

Interested in seeing the keynote for yourself? Here you go!

As always guys, stay classy!