Anna

Hello again!

by Anna on February 2, 2017

in Academics,College Life,First Year at Fontbonne

Hello, Griffins, and welcome back!  My second semester at Fontbonne is now nearly one-fourth completed, which is pretty hard to believe that much time has flown by already.  Homework, tests, deadlines, and learning new things is in full swing. I’m taking 18 hours this semester, so my time is much more limited.  It’s amazing how last semester has been put into perspective, and what I thought was busy three months ago pales in comparison to busy now…hello, 1:30 a.m. bedtimes! Overall, though, I have settled in and am pretty happy with my classes.  It’s nice to be in some that directly pertain to my major (dietetics), too.

Here’s a quick recap of what I did in the past month: We celebrated Christmas, my favorite holiday, and immediately afterwards headed to Colorado for a family ski trip.  I’ve been a snow-lover and ski fanatic since the itty-bitty age of two, so you could say it’s inherent to my nature.  This time, we tried out a new place for the first two days, Telluride.  We also skied a day each at Snowmass and Sunlight Mountain.  Amazingly, we were blessed with glorious sunshine and comfortable temperatures for all four days!  That’s a record for us.  It’s always amazing to be in God’s beautiful creation with my loved ones, and I’m so grateful we were able to find the time to get away for a bit before the craziness started.

After we got back, I did some unpacking and catching up on various tasks, and it wasn’t long before the spring 2017 semester began!  That brings us to the present, as I’m juggling work (I operate a house/petsitting business), class, and homework…annndddd not much else right now.  I still have my two horses, Blondie and Pearl, although I haven’t gotten a chance to do anything with them (other than feed them twice a day) for awhile.  Somehow, though, at the end of the day, it all works out.  Assignments get completed on time, critters get fed and cleaned up after, and the next day is a new day…a fresh start, a new chance to learn, grow, and be more.  (that just came to me…thank you, Fontbonne motto!)

~Anna