Candance

Fontbonne “Mission Driven”

by Candance on February 9, 2017

Fontbonne was founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, a group of Catholic nuns that had immigrated to St. Louis from France. They sought to teach their students the common good and inspire them to become people who think critically, ethically, and behave responsibly.

Being a student at Fontbonne and reading it’s mission statement allows me to follow in the footsteps of the founding Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet. That means, I will learn to think critically, I will experience multi-cultural awareness, I will know how to act ethically in any situation and most importantly I will think of ways to serve others.

Fontbonne is a mission driven university! They care about others well being and expect the students to do the same. When you attend Fontbonne, it’s more about how can they assist you, the student which should in turn prompt you to think of how YOU, the student can assist others in the community. Fontbonne isn’t just about receiving but more about giving! I think that’s what the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet represented as well (unity).

Image result for fontbonne logo