Exciting upcoming events

by Mary on February 20, 2017

in After College,Athletics,Extracurricular

There are lots of things I am really excited about that are going to happen in the next three months of my life.  To start with, I am interested to see what the evening is like at my high school’s annual Buona Festa auction. For the second year in a row it will be held on my high school’s campus and it is a big fundraiser event. Another thing I am excited about that many Americans have been anxiously awaiting is the premiere of the Beauty and the Beast Live action film. I am so interested to see how magical the remake of this movie will be once it finally comes out in theaters in mid March.

Something I am most enthusiastic about is the upcoming spring golf season that starts the first full week of March. My team practices at the Highlands in Forest Park and mostly we practice individually based on our own schedules. Our first spring tournament will be a few weeks after our first practice, during the weekend of April 7th up in Monmouth, Illinois. I am so anxious about my final golf season as a college athlete because I want to do my very best and leave all of what I have out on the golf course. I can’t believe there are only a few more van rides and a few more overnights in hotels with my amazing golf team. I have made so many great memories over the last three and a half years and I can’t wait to make more memories throughout my final spring season.

One other major thing I am really looking forward to this spring is graduation on May 8th. I am excited to walk onto that arena floor alongside all of my classmates and fellow athletes.  Throughout this semester I am motivated to do my very best in my classes and make the most of my final weeks in college surrounded by my friends. For me it is hard to imagine not having some of my friends who are originally from other cities to not be close by anymore.  But personally I am anxious about what particular job I will have after graduation as I know there are lots of opportunities for me based on my major.

Until next week, I hope you enjoyed reading this weeks post and I am definitely hopeful for what lies ahead in the coming months.