Jessica

My Introduction

by Jessica on January 31, 2017

in College Life,First Year at Fontbonne

Hello, fellow Griffins! My name is Jessica Ann Mitulski. I am a 19 year old freshman who commutes here four days of the week. I live in Ferguson, MO with my parents, and I earn my keep by cooking and cleaning for them. My hobbies include listening to music, watching cartoons, creating stories, drawing and baking.

I came to Fontbonne in hopes of putting my talent to good use by majoring in art. I have been drawing since I was a toddler. As a member of the autistic spectrum, I did not have the desire to use real words until I turned six years old. To make up for the lack of speech, I used my artwork to communicate for me. When I decided to speak, I kept my artistic talent and drew scenes and characters from stories in my head. I hope that I can continue to communicate through my artwork in the future.

My first year, so far, has been a blast. The classes are just the right size; I am not overwhelmed by peers. The teachers are laid back, kind and understanding. I will not lie, it is tough when it comes to assignments. It’s difficult to transition from filling out worksheets nightly to writing essays weekly. Right now, though, everything is chill. No stress, no mess, just me and my computer.
I hope that you are all in good health, and I will be looking forward to writing this blog!