Cecelia

Gone and Back Home Again

by Cecelia on January 31, 2017

in Campus Community,Extracurricular

“She doesn’t even go here.”

Hi! My name is Cecelia Meyer, I am a transfer student and new to Fontbonne this semester. I am native to the St. Louis area, born and raised, and it feels so great to be back! I am a second semester freshman, double majoring in social science/strategic communications. I was slightly terrified about entering the world of being a transfer, mostly because I didn’t know how to make friends, I was so sure groups were already formed, and friendship bracelets were made. However, here at Fontbonne the people are so kind and so welcoming. There has not been a single moment where I am concerned about where to sit whether in class or the dinning hall, people are always smiling and inviting. However, it can still be a struggle to find your niche! NO FEARS! Fontbonne has a plethora of activities that can help a transfer student like myself feel right at home. My second week in, Fontbonne had a student activities fair and I got to see some of the great organizations on campus like FAB! Also getting active (literally) is a great way to get involved and meet new people! I go to Zumba on Thursdays and I have already met a handful of amazing individuals! Believe me, I am the worst dancer, but in Zumba there is no judgement, only great music! I am eager to share my transfer experience with you all and share the great place of Fontbonne!