Musically Inclined…

by Jess on November 15, 2016

Music.

People ask me all the time, “What’s your favorite song? Who’s your favorite band?”

I cannot answer them. I cannot pinpoint any one favorite. My go-to songs and artists are many and continuously expanding in this day and age of one-click access. Attending a university near Nashville, I was fortunate enough to be able to experience many up-and-coming artists in intimate settings (if you ever go to Nashville and you’re looking for something more low-key than the Ryman or Bridgestone, check out Marathon Music Works, Cannery Ballroom, and Mercy Lounge. You’ll practically feel like you’re onstage). There my appreciation for the unusual was cultivated, and three years later it still thrives.

So. I can’t give definites, but I can give options. What I can’t get out of my head right now are the following bands:

Catfish and the Bottlemen (fav tracks: “7”, “Kathleen”,  “Sidewinder”)

Kungs (“You Remain” feat. Ritual)

RY X (“Salt”, “Berlin”, “Howling”

Banks (any and everything. Start with “Waiting Game” and “Brain” from her first album; “Judas” and “Poltergeist” on her second)

Daughter (“Smother”, “No Care”, “Winter”, “Youth”…anything. Her voice is gold)

Kaleo (“Way Down We Go”, “All The Pretty Girls”)

James Vincent McMorrow (“Ghosts”, “We Don’t Eat”, “Get Low”)

repeat repeat (“Not The One”)

And of course there are always some throwback tunes in my mix…I’ll never not be obsessed with 90s gold such as Backstreet Boys and Britney, as well as the classic rock like Led Zeppelin and Creedence Clearwater Revival that my parents raised me on. What about you guys? What are some of your favorites?