When transferring to Fontbonne last semester, I wasn’t sure how I would like driving to campus everyday. At my past college I lived in a dorm and was right on campus so it was easy to go to class or stay at the library until late. However, being a commuter at Fontbonne is great! Here is a list of advice if you are thinking of being a commuter student.
- Make sure to give yourself plenty of time to get to school traffic is different every day!
- Be prepared to be on campus all day. My classes are scattered throughout the day so I stay on campus and get a lot of homework done
- Pack a lunch! If you are there all day bring some snacks to keep up your energy and curb your hunger.
- Living off campus allows you to escape the stress at the end of the day.
- Become involved! With living off campus it may be harder to meet people so join some clubs and hangout with people in the club to stay connected!