Mari

The Greeting Committee, the leading band to watch for

by Mari on November 3, 2016

I have recently been repetitively listening to The Greeting Committee, an indie pop band from my hometown Kansas City, MO. I had the privilege of seeing the band perform twice, in 2014 and in 2016. I saw The Greeting Committee perform at the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art both times in KC, now becoming a local hangout for teenagers looking for the newest bands in Kansas City. When I first saw The Greeting Committee in 2014, I was only a junior in high school. Now, in 2016, I am a freshman in college. The Greeting Committee members, Addie Sartino, Brandon Yangmi, Austin Fraser, and Pierce Turcotte, are maturing as young adults and their music is too. In a sense, their fan base is growing up with the members as well. The most admirable aspect of their music is that the entire band is completely down to earth with their fans. Even though they are starting to go on tours across the country, they always remember their roots in Kansas City. Just as I am doing, telling all of my friends from St. Louis to listen to a favorite local band of mine from KC. The Greeting Committee makes me immensely proud to say that I am from Kansas City. Finding this uniquely personable local band makes me even more hopeful to see them perform on bigger stages nationwide. Below I have one of their most popular hits, “Hands Down,” (a favorite of mine!) off of their EP “It’s Not All That Bad.” Check them out on Spotify and their website, http://www.thegcband.com Happy listening!

Keep going, you are getting there.

Take care,

Mari