DeMarcus

BTS of Fontbonne After Dark

by DeMarcus on November 2, 2016

in College Life,Extracurricular

Fontbonne After Dark is a podcast that me and Lauren (fellow blogger) created as a way to have our own “radio station” on campus. I had always thought of having my own talk show or being a host on a radio show because who doesn’t want to be in the industry? After I saw an episode of ‘Kourtney and Khloe take Miami’, ¬†Khloe had a radio show titled ‘Khloe After Dark’ and she talked about anything she wanted; I knew from that moment that I wanted to do something of that nature. It was the summer of 2015 that i sat down and mapped out three episodes of what is now ‘Fontbonne After Dark’. I discussed the premise of the show and what it could potentially be, since we are a small campus; however, my peers said this was an amazing idea. Time moves on and like any other person who is creating a show, they look for co-hosts and i stumbled upon my good friend Lauren. Immediately she on board and we were soon on our way. It was the summer on 2016 that the two of us started to get down t business.

In the month on July, I created the intro and outro music of the show alongside some promo for the social media. After that was done, Lauren gather some equipment that we could use to start our journey. At first, things were shaky because we didn’t know how to use the microphone or the hand-held device but we figured it out. Later own in this process we recorded a trial episode to ship to a professor that was going to help us get started. Lauren handled all of the logistics and I handled the promotional pieces. The school year begins and we are ready to take off. Our first episode on Leadership had some really good views and Lauren and I are happy thhat this project that we’ve been working on for about a year is actually happening. Fontbonne After Dark premiered on Thursday, September 29th via Twitter.

If you would like to be a special guest email Lauren at ZeraL@fontbonne.edu

Have a topic you want us to discuss? DM us on Twitter: @fontyafterdark

Catch us every Thursday at 9:30 pm on Twitter!

fad-header