Patricia

Teachers that inspired me

by Patricia on October 18, 2016

At Fontbonne, there are 2 instructors that inspired me. I took public speaking with Kristen Norwood. Public speaking has not been one of my strengths and she really helped me improve. She pushed me to do things that I was not comfortable with and I am a better public speaker today. A few years after I took this class, I gave a presentation in another class and she said I was a lot more confident!

Peggy Ridlen was my instructor for the freshman class culture and the common good. She is also a librarian. I really enjoyed her class discussions. She helped me with another class I was taking, information navigation. I found it very hard to use Mobius to search for academic sources. She inspired me to be persistent in learning how to find sources online and in the library. I enjoy seeing her from time to time and admire her positivity! She always has a smile on her face and puts me in a good mood.