The Struggle Doesn’t Have To Be Real

by Morgan on October 4, 2016

in Academics,Campus Community,College Life,Extracurricular,Organizations, Activities & Events

Hey guys! It’s me again to help you out with being successful at college! Now I’m only a sophomore, so I can’t give you all the tricks of the trade because I’m still trying to figure them out for myself, but I’ll let you in on a few secrets that I’ve discovered for myself.

Planner: My planner is one of my most prized possessions because it keeps me organized. I write down all of my dates for the semester and color code them by what class they’re in. I know that sounds pretty extreme but I’ve used this tactic for the past 3 semesters, and it has helped keep me organized and sane.

Sleep: VERY IMPORTANT. Sleep is one of the most important things you can take advantage of when you’re in college. You may be up to the late hours of the night/morning cramming for your upcoming tests or finishing the homework you didn’t want do at a reasonable time, so the only answer is to take a nap! Naps have been more relevant in my first year and a half of college than they have been in my entire life…I’m not kidding.

Food: also very important. It is VITAL to have snacks in your room at all times. Most of the time college food gets boring because you’re eating the same thing all the time, so snacks are necessary to get yourself through the day. Food also always helps to give you energy bursts to help keep you motivated enough to finish your homework or study session.

Friends/Family: I am so grateful for all of the friends that I have met here at Fontbonne because they have become my family at school. I am also very thankful that I have such a supportive family, and I can’t wait to see them this weekend for fall break! Having friends and family that love you is very important because they are always your support team. They will always have your back whenever you need it. My friends at school are supportive and we always help each other out if one of us is homesick. But shout out to all of my friends here at Fontbonne (you know who you are).

Involvement: very much needed. Getting involved here at Fontbonne is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. I know I wrote an entire blog about what I’m involved in, so I won’t bore you by repeating myself. But most of my friends are involved here on campus and that encourages me to go out to all of our events on campus and have a social life!

I hope that these 5 things help you guys become successful throughout college and that you all have your own things that help you be successful (because you don’t have to follow my entire list) 😉

Thanks again for reading you guys!

Morgan