Lauren

Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice

by Lauren on October 8, 2016

Fall is here, and everyone is freaking out.

I can’t believe that the leaves on the trees are already falling, everyone is rushing to get their Pumpkin Spice Lattes and breaking out their scarves and hats. I’ve always considered myself a bigger fan of winter, because of the snow (which is pretty unpopular around here, ask anyone on campus) but there is a reason why fall is the best: it just feels better.

Sure, spring is the time of renewal and summer means no classes. Winter is all about Christmas and less about snow nowadays, since St. Louis winter weather is fairly treacherous. But Fall is that great in-between season. My friends and I were longing for sweaters over the summer. There’s something about getting cozied up.

I’ve been reaping the benefits of fall by stationing myself outside the library under the trees on occasion, soaking up the fall breeze with my laptop perched on my legs as I attempt homework. Just being able to walk around or sit outside at a coffee shop is rejuvenating. As for the pumpkin-themed items, I’m less enthused. I do enjoy a Pumpkin Spice Frap though! (I tried it for the first time on air for the podcast).

I’m all here for comfy sweaters, hot beverages, and leisurely walks. Kudos, fall.