Yuri

Procrastin…..I’ll tell you later….

by Yuri on October 4, 2016

in Academics,College Life,First Year at Fontbonne,New & Future Students

Procrastination. We all do it! It is everyone’s best friend yet an enemy at the same time. You never get things done, leave it to the last minute, and so on.  Here are a few things you could do to step up your organizational gameimage & avoid procrastination . 1. Use a planner of some kind; keep due dates of important events, assignments, tests/quizzes and large projects in that planner. It is scientifically proven that if you hand write something, you are more likely to remember it better. But what if a planner isn’t your thing? 2. In that case, most (if not all) digital calendars have several helpful features: A. Re-occurring events is one. I200_sf you know for a fact that you have a test in a class every Wednesday, have that calendar push a reminder every week so that you never forget about that important test. B. Another great feature is the frequency of the reminders. Here’s a real world example: I have Board Meetings that I need to constantly attend. So I have my phone remind me several times about it in this exact order: 2 hours, 1 hour, 30 minutes, 15 minutes prior to the Board Meetings. This not only lets me know that I have a meeting coming up, but it also give me an idea of how much time I have left before I have to leave for the Board Meetings. C. To go even further – have the calendar remind you in advance (i.e. Due date is Dec. 5; remind me on Nov. 20th @ 8 AM). 3. And finally, one EXTREMELY helpful tip that I don’t know if everyone uses is: Let’s say you have a project or a 12 page paper due within a month or two. No one ever told you that you had to complete it in one sitting. Break it up! Divide the project or paper up into smaller sections so it doesn’t look so overwhelming. Completing smaller parts = less stress. Until next time guys, stay classy!