Prepping for Fall

by Taylor on October 4, 2016

Finally, my absolute favorite time of year has arrived! For those of you who don’t know, I look forward to fall more than any other season. There’s nothing better than leaving the brutally hot summers of the Midwest and being welcomed into the crisp fall weather and beautiful leaves filled with all things pumpkin spice! I look forward to it every year, and I definitely have a few things that I do to prepare. I’ll list them below for anyone who is curious!

1. Make a fall playlist- For whatever reason, my taste in music shifts a little bit with the seasons. I have always been a HUGE fan of alternative rock, but in the fall I love what I call “coffee shop music”. This is music that is calmer, more acoustic, and is definitely something I want to listen to in my red plaid shirt while I sit on my laptop sipping on coffee in the middle of Starbucks. This includes artists like The Lumineers, Kodaline, Ed Sheeran, Atlas Genius, early Coldplay,  and for whatever reason Taylor Swift’s album Red (which is arguably the most fall album of all time, sorry.)
  2. Pumpkin Spice EVERYTHING- I am one of those obnoxious people that not only looks forward to pumpkin spice, but will incorporate it into my life as much as possible. I’ll buy candles that smell like pumpkin pie, add it to things like pancakes, cookies, and oatmeal, and will try every version of pumpkin spice lattes that I can find. Make fun of me if you want, but you can’t have fall without pumpkin spice.
  3. Update my wardrobe- Fall means out with the shorts, bright colors, and floral prints I usually rock in the spring and summer and in with the plaid, dark colors, boots, and darker hair for fall! I’ll usually update my wardrobe and change my style a bit for the fall to match both my mood and the weather. I like themes, and it’s fun to change things up sometimes. Plus, I can almost always find an excuse to go shopping.

Those are the top 3 things that I like to do to prepare for fall. What do you guys like to do? Have a great week!

Taylor