Where do I start with this post – Most Influential Professor. Even though I’m still a Junior and haven’t graduated from Fontbonne yet, it would be difficult for me to pick a professor that has influenced me to: Learn More. Be More. IF I had to choose as of this moment, I would have to say Professor Mark Alexander. I feel like this professor does not receive enough credit. Yes, he was a professor of mine at first, but that all changed when he asked me a question (during freshman year) that changed my College Experience and Life for the better, “Why are you not a part of Enactus?” Not knowing how to respond, I agreed to attend that week’s meeting. And the rest was history! 

14125476_557508857783564_1719777540076339640_o

Even though I’ve known him for only three years, he has gone above and beyond what a typical professor does/should do. Speaking from personal experience, he wears many hats (Professor, Faculty Advisor, Mentor, soon to be Ph.D recipient, & many others). He treats his students as if they were not only students but also as if they were his work colleagues and friends! He constantly wants his students to improve themselves. And let me tell you, I’ve improved myself and have done things that I did not think I could have done without his guidance (represented Fontbonne at a National Level – TWICE)!!! Not only is he the Faculty Advisor for Fontbonne Enactus (which I am the President of), he has many valuable connections! If it was not for him, I would not have joined the Regional Business Council and had Kevin Demoff (COO/EVP of Football Operations) of the former St. Louis Rams, now Los Angeles Rams; along with several other Top-Level Executives from various other companies (some Fortune 500 Companies) as contacts that are one tap away from my PHONE!!! Above all of that, Professor Mark Alexander has his own Scholarship fund that aids certain students (inner-city students) here at Fontbonne!!! Seriously, Professor Mark Alexander is the true definition of MVP (Most Valuable Professor). Until next time guys, stay classy!