The Mission of Mission Core: To Learn More, To Be More

by Morgan on October 18, 2016

in Academics,College Life,Extracurricular

Hello again everyone! This week I’m going to write about one of my favorite teachers during my time here at Fontbonne: Julie Portman.

To start us off, Julie Portman was the very¬†first teacher that I had ever met at Fontbonne. She was my WING team’s Mission Core teacher, so she was at our orientation all weekend. Since I had her as my Mission Core teacher, she taught me to be more aware of all that can happen in the world around us. We learned about so many social issues in her Mission Core class that I now pay more attention to my surroundings. Making sure that I know an adequate amount about different things that happen everyday can be useful in that you will always be able to have a conversation with somebody. Whether or not that could be small talk or a heated debate over issues we feel so strongly about! She also always talked about getting involved on campus, and she was one of the voices I listened to when I went to the Fall Expo last year. I thank her for all that she has done for me because now I am more socially aware, and I am more involved on campus than I could have ever imagined.

Thank you all for reading every week! I appreciate it, and I’ll see you all next week!

Morgan