To Be or Not To Be a Leader…

by Morgan on October 19, 2016

in Campus Community,College Life

Hello all!! Welcome back once again, Griffin Nation! This week I’m talking about what Fontbonne means to me. I’m proud to be a Griffin because of how many leadership opportunities it has given me. Fontbonne continues to impress me with all of the new things that I can get involved in. When I first came to campus, I was a little timid to get myself involved because I had no clue of what any of this entailed. But now I feel like I have a never-ending list of organizations to say that I’m apart of. I can also say doors keep opening in my benefit for new leadership opportunities, and I will forever be grateful for this.

Fontbonne also inspires me to be the leader that I never knew that I could be. I am much more involved in college than I ever was in high school, and I never would have expected that because I felt like I was shy and closed people off. But I learned and grew to realize that leadership is one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I have been a member of FAB’s (Fontbonne Activities Board) executive board, a member of Fontbonne’s Dance Marathon’s Morale Committee, and a WING leader this past orientation season. I loved being a part of all of these different leadership opportunities because they have all helped me grow in the areas that I needed the most improvement with to be a better leader. I wouldn’t change my leadership experience for anything and it can only get better from here!

Thank you all again, and see you next week!

Morgan