Anna

We are Griffin Nation

by Anna on October 21, 2016

I know the “We Are Griffin Nation” movement kicked off a little while ago, but honestly, it slipped by me because of all the homework and studying surrounding midterms.  I just got a chance to check out some of the wonderful statements other Fontbonne students have come up with.  It’s clear that “Griffin Nation” is full of young adults who want to make a difference!  I loved the variety of responses, from future occupations and achieving goals to finding out who you are and what matters to you.   This campus that so many of us call home is dedicated to educating, inspiring, equipping, and encouraging tomorrow’s leaders.  I know this gets said a lot, but it’s really true:  you (and your education) matter at Fontbonne. 

It was really hard for me to choose just one option and a few sentences about what Fontbonne means.  I finally settled for “Fontbonne inspires me to…”  It inspires me to learn more and be more, obviously. But what exactly does that mean?  For me, it means that I am changing in a good way.  Even in the past two months, I know I have been transforming.  I’ve grown to be more confident.  I can think critically, prioritize my time, and make wise decisions.  Each day I gain a greater awareness of the world around me — and that’s not just St. Louis, Missouri, or even the United States.  I’ve learned to have an opinion that matters, but also respect others who have different views.  My professors, fellow students, and the whole campus atmosphere inspires me to be the best I can be not only in academics, but in life in general.  How can I contribute to the common good?!

It’s been a really interesting first semester.  It’s been both similar and different from what I expected (not unusual, haha!), but ultimately I wouldn’t trade it for anything.  I cannot wait for the years to come and look back fondly on the great memories I’m already making.  I’m sure the changes that I’ve undergone already are nothing compared to how I will emerge in four years — prepared for the next step in my career, ready to influence the world, and inspired to never stop learning more and being more.

Blessings,

~Anna