Anna

Fall Break Fun

by Anna on October 6, 2016

in College Life,Extracurricular,First Year at Fontbonne

Fall break is just a few days away, which means we are halfway through the semester!  Wow!  That doesn’t seem possible.  As much as I enjoy coming to campus for classes each day, breaks are also really nice because they give everyone a chance to breathe, regroup, maybe enjoy some free time with family or friends, catch up on homework, and get motivated for a strong second half of the semester.

I don’t have anything overly exciting planned for fall break, like a quick getaway, although that would be really welcome!  I know I’ll be spending quite a bit of time studying for two upcoming exams, starting my online LIB 199 class, and probably working Saturday night.  On Monday, I’ll be taking my horses to the vet for their fall shots (they get a series each spring and fall).  My poor babies will be a little sore, but I much prefer that to the serious illnesses they could get if they aren’t protected.  Finally, my mom and I have a weekly tradition of playing badminton each Monday afternoon/evening.  We just do it in our front yard, and it’s a great way to to be outside and active.  We’ve played enough to wear out the lower-grade plastic shuttlecocks we started with, so the big event on Monday will be trying out our new, professional club-grade birdies!  Exciting, right?!

Other than that, no set plans!  I’m sure something random and spur-of-the-moment could get added, since that’s how I roll. 🙂  Maybe I’ll catch up on some much-needed sleep, or go see a movie, or do something fun and unusual with my family.  How about you?  What are you looking forward to during fall break?  Let me know in the comments below if you want!

Blessings,

~Anna