Campus Involvement

by Taylor on October 4, 2016

in Campus Community,College Life,Uncategorized

One of the best ways to get the most out of your college experience is to get involved. Getting involved in a club, sport, or organization gives you a way to be a part of your campus community and can also help you get connected to other like-minded people you  go to school with. I know that my involvement on  campus has really enriched my Fontbonne experience, and made school a lot more fun. Currently, I am involved in several areas on campus. I am in my final year of being a part of Residence Life. For the past few years, I was a resident assistant on campus and lived in the freshman dorms. This year, I am still an RA, but have a leadership role in that I am an RA, an alternating Residence Hall Director who gets to monitor and assist the other RAs, and the Apartment Coordinator who is in charge of our off campus apartment building Cotta Hall.  It keeps me busy, but as an RA I have been exposed to so many people and situations that have taught me valuable lessons and given me experiences that are going to translate perfectly into my life after college as I pursue leadership positions in my future career. I am also currently president of Fontbonne’s Student Association of Family and Consumer Sciences. Being involved in SAFCS has been awesome, and has let me be even more involved in my major and my professors than I would have been otherwise. It has also opened my eyes to various productive ways that I can be involved in my community as well as my campus, which I am thankful for. Being involved on campus is a great thing, and I would encourage you to join any and every organization or activity that you have been thinking about. You’ll be so happy you did!

Have a great week!

Taylor