The top 5 tips I would recommend for any student whether traditional or non traditional for reaching success while in college is:
- Being sure you set your priorities. By doing so this can assist you with knowing what’s important to you and it will aid you in completing those tasks that mean the most to you “first.”
- Managing your time. Time management may be a struggle for some people but if you learn to manage your time this can help you with getting homework completed on time or before it’s due date, it can help you organize not only your school life but your personal life as well. You may want to invest in a planner or input your information on your to-do list on your phone.
- Giving yourself “brain breaks.” I call them this because once per week you must make time for yourself and not always be engulfed in your work and never go out with friends, family and/or alone. Taking time for “you” and giving yourself a break from school work not only makes you feel refreshed when you get back to doing work but a well rested student can think better and create more.
- Don’t make comparisons. This means don’t compare yourself to the next person, always be confident in who you are and what you can do in your own ability. Everyone is different and yet everyone is important. When you focus on remaining true to self and working hard to be the best “YOU,” it helps you understand your value and how you can fit in society.
- Working in excellence. As a student when working in excellence this means doing your very best in all that you do, working diligently on ALL assignments will produce excellent work ethics positive grades.
Keep up the great work & Bea-U-tiful!