Yuri

Presidential Goals

by Yuri on September 19, 2016

in College Life,Extracurricular,Organizations, Activities & Events,Our Causes

It is 10 AM, I’m walking into the Anheuser-Busch Hall Conference Room with a freshly brewed cup of coffee in my right hand while glancing at my left as it holds an agenda while I prepare for that week’s meeting. Being President of an International Non-Profit Organization has its ups and downs. I have been President for 2 years now and I wouldn’t change a thing! So what does Enactus do? Enactus takes the power of entrepreneurial action and creates a better more sustainable world for us all! So what are we up to this year?

14102510_1036657583099815_1785289779593295098_n

This year, we are helping a Non-Profit called the Criminal Justice Ministry (CJM) in their hopes to help former offenders with Job Skill Rehabilitation. The skills that the former offenders learn will help them: land a job, give them a fresh start on life, and much more. The best part for all of you students, even though we are primarily a business organization, that doesn’t mean you have to be a business major to join! We need everyone! We even have a few Psychology majors on our Board helping us because it would give them a chance to maybe psychologically evaluate the former offenders. Computer Science Majors are helping with consultation on a website re-design and who knows, maybe an App! Fashion Merchandising are going to help with the production of the fabric and patterns that will be used for their current line of products (Dog scarves). As you can see, we need everyone! We are really excited about the project this year! And we also attend the Regional & National Conferences where we present our efforts. Since Enactus is a Non-Profit Organization, the judges that we present to are your potential co-workers or Company Recruiters. You can walk out of these Conferences with a Job or Internship! I even won an award for serving 500+ Hours! If you are interested in joining, let me know! Until next time guys, stay classy!