Candance

Getting Involved Makes a World of a Difference!!

by Candance on September 19, 2016

in Academics,Career Paths,College Life,Extracurricular,Organizations, Activities & Events

Image result for clipart of community work

As an undergrad I was involved with the social work club. I wasn’t able to do as much as I’d like to due to being a non traditional student and having children at home to take care of. But now that my children are a bit older. It’s still a task, but I’m currently a part of the Alumni Board. I was recently selected in July 2016 and have attended both meetings so far. It has been a wonderful experience. I have met many people from all ages, experiences and backgrounds that have one mission, and that is to build the Fontbonne community while thriving to engage, educate and enhance all students including alums as well as each other.

I know that joining the board will not only be a perk for resume purposes but most importantly for building new friendships with people that believe in what you believe in “Working Towards a Common Good.” Joining the board has been one great decision I’ve made!

You should consider too!