Lauren

Getting Involved

by Lauren on September 15, 2016

in College Life,Extracurricular,Organizations, Activities & Events

This semester has gotten off to a crazy busy start! Summer seems like a distant memory. But I can vividly remember my hopes and goals for the coming fall semester and I am pleased to say that things seem to be on track.

Being a commuter, there is a small (and I mean very small) disconnect when it comes to school involvement. Fontbonne has so many wonderful activities and events that are all-inclusive. However, being off-campus can make you feel less involved. Over time, I was able to discover what I really wanted to be involved in and what fit in my schedule. It’s definitely a process.

I am so beyond excited to be working on a podcast for Fontbonne. We’ve recorded┬áthe very first episode. It is still more of a trial episode but it’s closer to the format and structure of a traditional episode we hope to upload.

Additionally, I’ve signed on with Students for Life to help with their graphics and promotion and have accepted the title of Exec Board member (yowza that sounds official!). I’ve also joined Omicron Delta Kappa and I can’t wait to see what’s in store.

Lastly, I have my hands full with art, as always, as I’m preparing for my Senior Thesis Show and turning my ideas into tangible projects.