Anna

Falling for Fall

by Anna on September 21, 2016

in College Life,Extracurricular

As I write this, we are just TWO days away from fall (although with the temperatures, it’s hard to think about)!  Can you believe we’re already back at this point?  It feels like we just started 2016 and now we’re moving into the final quarter of it!

Coming in at a very close second to winter, fall is my favorite season.  I love almost everything about it — the beautiful color changes in the trees, the cooler nip in the air (jacket season!), the yummy treats we can bake, and the fun fall activities going on around Fontbonne’s campus and in the area.

Since I drive to school every day, I get to look forward to enjoying the gorgeous reds, yellows, and oranges explode in the next few weeks.  Hopefully we have some great colors this year…they provide awesome photo opportunities!  And of course, what’s better than a fall hike to enjoy the foliage at a slower pace?

What are some of your favorite fall treats?  I’m a huge fan of apple-anything — you name it, apple pie, apple bread, apple muffins, apple cake, even just an apple by itself!  Its flavor rockets to the sky with spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, or cloves.  Another great “fall ingredient” is the infamous pumpkin, although I’m not as big a fan of it.  But I’ve got some great recipes that use both apple and pumpkin, so undoubtedly I’ll be making them in the next few months — yummy!  I have a captive audience at home with my always-ready-to-try-what-I-fix family, too! 🙂

Finally, what’s fall without some old-fashioned family fun?  Hayrides, bonfires, apple-picking, corn mazes, and much more abound in the area.  In just a few weeks (October 7), Fontbonne itself is sponsoring a trip to Eckert’s for just $10 per ticket…including food and transportation!  What a great way to get into the fall spirit — embrace it fully!

Happy fall!

~Anna

P.S. — What’s the one thing I don’t like about fall?  The diminishing daylight — it makes it hard to get things done outside in time!  Nevertheless, though, I really do love fall!