It’s Fall, Y’all…

by Jess on September 26, 2016

in In Saint Louis,Organizations, Activities & Events

So I’m not going to lie…

cs-x47kuaaaq3-i-jpg_large

…I love pumpkin spice as much as the Cheshire Inn Starbucks apparently does, via this sign.

I’m definitely one of those people that gets very excited when she sees the first Pumpkin Spice item of the season on the shelf at the grocery store. I can personally attest that Starbucks’ PSLs are just as tasty as always. However, in recent years, the trend has gone a tad too far – I mean, pumpkin spice GUM?! (Yes, I actually witnessed this in line to checkout at Schnuck’s yesterday) Maybe we should scale it back a little…

Pumpkin obsession aside, fall is my absolute favorite season – and not just because my birthday is in October 😉 I love the classic fall trends – pumpkin patches, scary movies on TV (Hocus Pocus always), flannels and beanies and skinny jeans tucked into boots. I love haunted houses and corn mazes and apple cider, and the scenery during these months is absolutely breathtaking. Driving through the mountains back home in Tennessee at this time of year used to render me speechless – the radiance of red and yellow and orange scattered throughout the trees is comparable to nothing.

I’m very excited to see what St. Louis has to offer up during the season of Halloween. I’ve heard the Lemp Mansion (http://www.lempmansion.com/hauntedhistory.htm) is a site worth checking out – I’m always on the lookout for spooky adventures. I’ll keep you guys posted (and feel free to comment if you have any suggestions).

Keep moving forward.

xoxo,

Jess

Save