DeMarcus

Summer Get-A-Ways

by DeMarcus on July 5, 2016

in After College

While we haven’t quite reached the summer solstice just yet, some friends from Room 316 and I have started to plan for next summer. We were watching “Gossip Girl” season 2 when Blair was returning back home to the Hamptons with her new boyfriend, while Chuck Bass was waiting for her with a bouquet of flowers….that didn’t end so well, but anyway… that was when we all agreed that we should go to the Hamptons. Another friend suggested that we should Airbnb. Airbnb is this website that you can go and request to live in another person’s house while they are away on vacation. I then looked on the website to view the various homes that are located in the Hamptons. Some of the houses looked amazing from the outside but hideous on the inside. The houses that were outstanding both inside and out either cost too much or did not have adequate living space for seven people. In addition to that, the owners did not want parties inside their homes… like you live in a secluded area with no entertainment. Moving on, we scraped that idea, and I started to look at Miami.

Miami is way cheaper and affordable for freshly soon to be graduated college students. I believe we came to this conclusion because we were all watching “Keeping Up With The Kardashians” and the episode that aired was Kourtney and Kim were going to Miami to expand their brand, DASH, a family owned store. This gave me such nostalgia because I remembered “Kourtney and Khloe take Miami”, which was the best spin-off ever created. As I searched Airbnb and so far found the perfect apartment that is both stylish and youthful. While I think every person who is a host on the website doesn’t want parties in their apartment/house, Marki reminded me that since we will be in Miami, we don’t need to stay in the apartment, which I totally agree.  We plan on driving to Miami and stay for about a week.

I am looking forward to what senior year has in store for but I am also excited for the fun plans that my friends and I are making to capitalize on successes that we have achieved here at Fontbonne and in our own personal lives. No matter where we go via Airbnb, we’ll make the most of our time together. Anywhere we go we bring the party, we bring the atmosphere, and we bring the attitude.