Patricia

My Inspiration

by Patricia on July 18, 2016

A public figure I admire is Stacy London. She hosted the TV show “What Not to Wear” and currently hosts another show called “Love, Lust or Run.” I admire her for many reasons. My career is similar to hers; I work at Nordstrom and help people find items and give them advice. We also share lots of similarities. We both come from highly academic families that studied philosophy, which is why we think alike. During interviews she shares universal truths about the world in the most fascinating way. I am fully engaged in what she has to say and agree with most of it. There are even some smaller things that we have in common. She mentioned that as a child she wore a Dorothy costume every year on Halloween. I happened to do the same as a child, only I wore mine every day. We even share some life struggles such as bullying.

I also admire that she campaigns against bullying and raises awareness for mental illness. My family has been greatly effected by mental illness; it traces back all the way to my great-great grandma! Lots of people caught up in fashion become materialistic; Stacy London does not fall into this. She is a well-rounded  person who received an education, pursued a career and fights for the cause!