DeMarcus

Griffin 101

by DeMarcus on June 27, 2016

in Campus Community,New & Future Students

Griffin 101 has been amazing so far! The team members that I am working with are unique in their own way but most importantly, we work well with one another. So far, each Griffin 101 Leader has exceeded my expectations, and I know that this program will be in good hands after I graduate Fontbonne in the spring. Before I start sobbing, I am going to rewind to our first meeting in April. In that first initial meeting that we all met each other, all of the leaders meshed really well together without my help or Beth’s help. Beth and I are both Peer Supervisors for Griffin 101 this year and we are having a blast! Fast forwarding to our training that we recently had; we had a day retreat at Cedar Creek for team building exercises and from that moment on we were truly unified. As the training progressed, Beth and I taught the team our ways of Griffin 101’ing so that they can be the best…. like us. While they were in sessions, I realized that everyone’s energy levels would be medium low but around lunch time everyone would be hyper and more conversational. It became hysterical because food would be the key to our souls. Meanwhile, the team was excited to utilize the tools they have learned during training to good use.

The first Griffin 101 was a transfer day and everyone was excited. The leaders, the parents, and the students. As the day progressed, I noticed that some of the leaders thought they were doing something wrong or panicking that a session was going over its scheduled time. During our wrap up I reassured that they did nothing wrong and that it was in fact okay. There was another Griffin 101 the next day from that moment on all of the leaders felt that were prepared for anything. For me, I wished had been more involved like I was two year prior but, this was my time to trust in my leaders that they were doing everything right and that they didn’t need my help. After day two I was content.

I am beyond excited for the last two Griffin 101 sessions that are approaching and cannot wait to see more incoming students that are genuinely excited to start a new journey in their life.