Patricia

Florida (continued)

by Patricia on June 22, 2016

Besides rescuing my dog, Champ, I did plenty of other things in Florida. I bought a blow up whale, named Malibu. I rode it on the waves on the beach. It was fun because there had recently beenĀ a storm and the waves were intense! I felt like someone was knocking me into the sand and I couldn’t get back up! I also swam in the pool at our house. I even went shopping and bought some seashells to add to my collection at home. I saw lots of antiques including a pearl Korean dresser from the 1800s. I also saw furniture from France from the 1800s. We went into one store with a live cat.

My dad and brothers went fishing on a private boat and caught a shark. They took it home and cooked it. It tasted like a combination of pork and chicken. It was more dense than fish. We also bought calamari (squid) and shrimp. I didn’t like shrimp but my mom made me try it, and I ended up liking it. When we went to the Blue Parrot restaurant I even ordered it instead of chicken strips. LOL

I cant wait to go back next summer!!!!